Sell and buy at your own risk...
 #156632  by milobender
 Thu May 18, 2017 4:01 pm
Hi all, just wanted to let you know I've just become a Quilter Dealer... let me know if you'd like information, and/or to order, great gear.

Thanks,

Brian
 #156633  by ac4468
 Thu May 18, 2017 4:09 pm
Love my Quilter Micropro Head. How's the little Microblock sound? Thinking about pairing it up with my little 2x6 cab.
 #156636  by strumminsix
 Fri May 19, 2017 2:30 am
Awesome Brian! I hear they have some new models coming out like the Problock 200 but with a more traditional tonestack. Any scoop?
 #156644  by milobender
 Fri May 19, 2017 9:38 am
ac4468 wrote:Love my Quilter Micropro Head. How's the little Microblock sound? Thinking about pairing it up with my little 2x6 cab.
Absolutely, I love the Mach 2 head too... That's all I've been playing through since I got it. I've go a Microblock herre, but I haven't tried it yet. I'll give it a whirl and let you know. They just came out with the Microblock with Reverb too. Unfortunately I don't have one here, but I have total confidence it's great. These guys make good stuff.
 #156645  by milobender
 Fri May 19, 2017 9:40 am
strumminsix wrote:Awesome Brian! I hear they have some new models coming out like the Problock 200 but with a more traditional tonestack. Any scoop?
Yes, the news wasn't supposed to go out until today "o) I haven't heard it yet, but here's a link to Quilter's page:
http://www.quilterlabs.com/index.php/pr ... rdrive-200
 #156649  by strumminsix
 Fri May 19, 2017 11:12 am
milobender wrote:
strumminsix wrote:Awesome Brian! I hear they have some new models coming out like the Problock 200 but with a more traditional tonestack. Any scoop?
Yes, the news wasn't supposed to go out until today "o) I haven't heard it yet, but here's a link to Quilter's page:
http://www.quilterlabs.com/index.php/pr ... rdrive-200
thanks! heard about it about a month back. friends in low places :)

i'll be curious to hear your thoughts!!
 #156650  by milobender
 Fri May 19, 2017 2:12 pm
milobender wrote:
ac4468 wrote:Love my Quilter Micropro Head. How's the little Microblock sound? Thinking about pairing it up with my little 2x6 cab.
Absolutely, I love the Mach 2 head too... That's all I've been playing through since I got it. I've go a Microblock herre, but I haven't tried it yet. I'll give it a whirl and let you know. They just came out with the Microblock with Reverb too. Unfortunately I don't have one here, but I have total confidence it's great. These guys make good stuff.

I just spent some time with a 101 Block, and the short of it is, you won't be happy with it. It's voiced a bit differently, and doesn't have enough control over the eq to get that crisp Jerry tone. So far the Mach 2 is the one.
 #156654  by strumminsix
 Sat May 20, 2017 1:25 am
milobender wrote:
milobender wrote:

I just spent some time with a 101 Block, and the short of it is, you won't be happy with it. It's voiced a bit differently, and doesn't have enough control over the eq to get that crisp Jerry tone. So far the Mach 2 is the one.
To me the mini is the Crate Powerblock destroyer. Sounds very good. Perfect backup. But like a jack of all trades master of none.
 #156656  by ccw3432
 Sat May 20, 2017 7:17 am
Nice! I've been eyeing the Mach 2 head for a while. Quilter is doing some great stuff. I've thought about pairing a Mach 2 head with a 1x12 jbl or perhaps a Purple Haze, but curious if anyone has tried one of the Mach 2 combo amps and what your thoughts are.
 #156657  by milobender
 Sat May 20, 2017 8:35 am
ccw3432 wrote:Nice! I've been eyeing the Mach 2 head for a while. Quilter is doing some great stuff. I've thought about pairing a Mach 2 head with a 1x12 jbl or perhaps a Purple Haze, but curious if anyone has tried one of the Mach 2 combo amps and what your thoughts are.
I've got a Combo Amp here, an 8", that I haven't tried yet. I'll give it a test this afternoon. I have a limited amount of money to put toward inventory, so I got the 8" just to see the difference with the small speaker and how it would do for a rehearsal amp... Since I already have a number of 12" speakers to try the Head on.
 #156658  by ac4468
 Sat May 20, 2017 10:51 am
ccw3432 I have a Mach II Head. Have a 2x8 closed cabinet using the same Celestion TF0818 speakers that the 8" combo has. I can say that is it a great combo but not really ideal for Jerry tones. Through my 1x12 with an Eminence Commonwealth it does a great job and believe it or not, through a 2x6 with Eminence Alphas it does a good job as well.
 #156659  by FrettyBoy
 Sat May 20, 2017 11:06 am
I've got a MicroPro Mach II head. I've used it with an E120 in a Polytone Mini Brute amp that was converted to a 1x12 cab. I've also powered a 2x12 with Weber ceramic Californias, then the JBL and the Webers together. The 3x12 was the most fun cranked up a bit outdoors. While I like the head very much, I don't LOVE it yet. I want to!! I've been using a Twin for several years now and I was hoping the MPII would replace the Twin head. It comes close, but I haven't really nailed it yet.

I play bass with an eclectic fiddle band, and I use a Toneblock 200 to power a Fender Rumble 2x10 cab with 1 51RI P-Bass. Love that situation. Image