#17128  by BuddhaG
 Tue May 29, 2007 9:42 am
you might have better luck looking for a Live drummer

 #17145  by tigerstrat
 Tue May 29, 2007 12:55 pm
BuddhaG wrote:you might have better luck looking for a Live drummer
yeah... Dead ones tend to drag the tempo quite a bit! :lol:

Go to a Jack Straw show and ask my ol' buddy Jim if he's available to moonlight... or if he knows anyone.

 #17148  by strumminsix
 Tue May 29, 2007 1:11 pm
tigerstrat wrote:
BuddhaG wrote:you might have better luck looking for a Live drummer
yeah... Dead ones tend to drag the tempo quite a bit! :lol:

Go to a Jack Straw show and ask my ol' buddy Jim if he's available to moonlight... or if he knows anyone.
LOL! I just loved the way it sounded.

I've never met Jim but the JS schedule seems rather heavy for any thought of moonlighting. But maybe he has a contact or two. Thanks for the idear TS.

 #17149  by tigerstrat
 Tue May 29, 2007 1:13 pm
I don't even know for sure if he still plays with them; they also might use a "rotisserie" of drummers

 #17168  by strumminsix
 Tue May 29, 2007 5:12 pm
tigerstrat wrote:I don't even know for sure if he still plays with them; they also might use a "rotisserie" of drummers
Seems to be the new standard in Chicago. I don't get it and don't really like it personally. Miss the old days where you'd play in 1 band maybe 2 and collaborate on a weeknight with other projects. Now there are many who are involved with 5 bands regularly and many bands have a their "rotisserie" players.

It's nice to collaborate with different people but come on it seems that everybody is being stretched so far and when your band breaks up or there's an opening it's tough to piece something together since most people have their hands in 2 or 3 or more other projects...