Shakedown Street (single drummer)

Place for the rest of the music

Shakedown Street (single drummer)

Postby playingdead » Wed Mar 30, 2016 5:36 am

One more from Playing Dead's gig last weekend at The Cannery.

Using a Fractal AX8 direct to FOH. I made some tweaks to the envelope filter block I created. Delay is still a little out of control. LOL

Jimbo's wah sound is a little thin. And I'm NOT playing through the Line 6. (Or a Fender Mustang.) :shock:

https://youtu.be/fD5mdxfil3w

playingdead

Re: Shakedown Street (single drummer)

Postby jackaroo » Wed Mar 30, 2016 6:35 am

Sound is very very nice. My only negative critique...The tempo seems a little sluggish to me.

I like the tone of the guitar a lot. My Mu sounds don't sound nearly that good. I think that I like a little slower opening on the Mu and a little less top end, but it sounds very "wet" not reverb mind you...but the Mu itself. Very compelling when you consider that's all coming from the floorboard.

The band sounds nice with one drummer IMHO. In fact always preferred the GD with just Billy...except the crazy psychedelic stuf from 68-9.

Anyway...I think you guys run a good outfit for sure. Man, the recording sounds very nice and there's lots of room between the various elements...something that I'm always striving for with in my group. Everyone wants to play everything! I'll be sending this link to my guys and asking them to take notes.

Cheers,

JD
jackaroo
Blues for Allah
Blues for Allah

Postby hippieguy1954 » Wed Mar 30, 2016 9:02 am

Yea, a tad slow, but otherwise very nice tone and playing. I like what you guys did with the jam. Very cool :smile:
Jim

First show: 1973
Last show: 1994
hippieguy1954

Postby playingdead » Thu Mar 31, 2016 6:20 am

Thanks!

I posted the parameters for that envelope filter block I wrote over on the Fractal Audio forum, if anyone here wants the details, I can do the same.
playingdead

Postby MattMan » Thu Mar 31, 2016 8:56 pm

Nice tempo IMO.

I've always felt its harder to play a funky dance number like Shakedown at a slower rather than faster tempo.
MattMan
710 ashbury
710 ashbury

Postby MattMan » Tue Apr 05, 2016 3:27 pm

Man I really like that Mutron sound it is quite precise and spot-on. Nice work Vic. Great playing.
MattMan
710 ashbury
710 ashbury

Return to Tune Submissions