the dead actually play this..

Re: the dead actually play this..

Postby DreamNightWind » Wed Jan 26, 2011 2:40 am

Anyone know what distortion device Jerry used on this one for the leads? He used to really rip this up in the 80's. I don't quite have the tone and attack right yet, shoulda played more metal I guess.

I have the MXR Distortion Plus, Boss SD-1, Boss OD-2, and even the Boss HM-2 (Heavy Metal pedal)to choose from, or I can get what I need if it's something else.
DreamNightWind
Wall of Sound
Wall of Sound

Postby tigerstrat » Wed Jan 26, 2011 8:37 am

DreamNightWind wrote:Anyone know what distortion device Jerry used on this one for the leads? He used to really rip this up in the 80's. I don't quite have the tone and attack right yet, shoulda played more metal I guess.

I have the MXR Distortion Plus, Boss SD-1, Boss OD-2, and even the Boss HM-2 (Heavy Metal pedal)to choose from, or I can get what I need if it's something else.

The earliest ones (for example 7/2/87 :twisted: ) will feature the MXR. By '89 (spring? summer? is forgotten to me already) JG had switched to the yellow Boss OD-1 and 2, assuming he would have used the 2.
"There, in huge black letters, was 'The Grateful Dead'. It just... cancelled my mind out."-Garcia
tigerstrat

Postby *Lone*Trout* » Wed May 18, 2011 5:18 pm

Hi,
I'm new to the forum and a HUGE GD fan. Saw this topic and wanted to share this with you all. It's AATWT Michael Hedges style. Definitely different but I find it to be a powerful interpretation of the classic Dylan song. Let me know what you all think.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uFhzDaqqZVw&feature=channel_video_title
*L*T*

This is me playing BTW
*Lone*Trout*
welcome
welcome

Postby vwjodyme » Thu Aug 02, 2012 9:48 am

Sorry to bump an old thread, but just wanted to confirm Bm A G A with a vid...like someone was asking for

vwjodyme

Postby samueldpfister » Sat Jan 25, 2014 4:47 pm

Dylan plays it

Am, G, F. Which Is how I think it sounds best
samueldpfister
welcome
welcome

Next

Return to All Along the Watchtower