Deadicated, Clyde's East Bar, Detroit 2/1/2017

lets the rukind.org users talk about their up and coming gigs

Deadicated, Clyde's East Bar, Detroit 2/1/2017

Postby MattMan » Sun Feb 05, 2017 5:55 pm

This is our 4th show, and I think my band is coming together. I think my tone is really starting to come together. Camera is static on me and although I always find it hard it to listen to myself, its a great way for me to learn what I need to work on. Great for technique too. Here's just TLEO from the gig. Matt

Deadicated
Clyde's East Bar, Detroit
Full gig at Clyde's: https://youtu.be/BaY3-eF9Qz8
Band website: http://www.deadicated.us
0:00:00 Dire Wolf
0:04:01 Brown Eyed Women
0:09:57 Friend of the Devil
0:18:03 Me & Bobby McGee
0:25:02 Bertha
0:32:58 Candyman
0:40:24 Bird Song
0:51:09 Big River
0:57:56 Deal
1:06:23 They Love Each Other
1:14:15 China > Rider
1:26:45 Truckin' >
1:35:38 He's Gone >
1:43:42 Jam >
1:46:41 Eyes of the World >
1:57:47 GFTRFB
2:04:57 It's All Over Now Baby Blue
Last edited by MattMan on Tue Feb 07, 2017 10:30 am, edited 2 times in total.
MattMan
710 ashbury
710 ashbury

Re: Deadicated, Clyde's East Bar, Detroit 2/1/2017

Postby tatittle » Mon Feb 06, 2017 1:14 am

Your guitar tone sounds f...n awesome. 8)
If I were you I would want to get the rhythm tighter between the whole band based on the 1st song. That can be a tough curve with a new group of guys. Laid back swinging beat with perfect energy swells, complimetarity, and sycopation, is one of the outstanding hallmark aspects of the band.
tatittle

Location: Johns Island, SC via NJ; Bklyn; Detroit; Charleston; Boulder; Miami; D.C.; etc

Postby MattMan » Mon Feb 06, 2017 5:44 am

tatittle wrote:Your guitar tone sounds f...n awesome. 8)
If I were you I would want to get the rhythm tighter between the whole band based on the 1st song. That can be a tough curve with a new group of guys. Laid back swinging beat with perfect energy swells, complimetarity, and sycopation, is one of the outstanding hallmark aspects of the band.

Thanks. Yup, we've got a lot of work to do with tempo, not to mention everything else (vocals, arrangements, etc.), but I do hear the band getting tighter. But we do need to work with a metronome. These guys are a lot younger than me and I just find it so refreshing how much they love the Dead. Fortunately nobody is minimizing just how hard it is to play GD swing correctly, and just how much work we need to get things tight. Having come from a history of very straight classical music, I'm sure learning how hard it is to play Jerry swing correctly. But, it is so much fun, and I do love playing live. I wish we had time to practice every day!
MattMan
710 ashbury
710 ashbury

Postby waldo041 » Tue Feb 07, 2017 7:47 pm

Good stuff!

~waldo
Disclaimer: I only make, modify or build things for those that seek what i may be able to provide.
waldo041

Postby tatittle » Wed Feb 08, 2017 12:23 am

I have more trouble with time now than I ever recall having in the past lol. It was one thing I never had trouble with starting out and I couldnt really understand how some others had such trouble. I think alot of it is my ear for more complicated rhthym has evolved but my natural ability hasnt kept pace, and I cant help but attempt the things I hear in my head. Sometimes ive found it helped to give the player with the best time sovereignty over it in the song, some guys arent comfortable taking charge unless they are asked to. Ive had to ask drummers specifically not to chase my rhythmic excursions too much (or else I wont be able to get back to the original time). There can be tension and release rhythmically as well as harmonically.
tatittle

Location: Johns Island, SC via NJ; Bklyn; Detroit; Charleston; Boulder; Miami; D.C.; etc

Postby tatittle » Wed Feb 08, 2017 12:23 am

I have more trouble with time now than I ever recall having in the past lol. It was one thing I never had trouble with starting out and I couldnt really understand how some others had such trouble. I think alot of it is my ear for more complicated rhthym has evolved but my natural ability hasnt kept pace, and I cant help but attempt the things I hear in my head. Sometimes ive found it helped to give the player with the best time sovereignty over it in the song, some guys arent comfortable taking charge unless they are asked to. Ive had to ask drummers specifically not to chase my rhythmic excursions too much (or else I wont be able to get back to the original time). There can be tension and release rhythmically as well as harmonically.
tatittle

Return to member's gigs and live music dates