PRS SE Custom 24 (Jerry Mods) -- SOLD

Sell and buy at your own risk...

PRS SE Custom 24 (Jerry Mods) -- SOLD

Postby Jedstein » Sat May 13, 2017 7:58 pm

This guitar has been great to me, but it's time for her to find a new home. Asking for $1,500 OBO. I purchased it in like-new condition off Reverb around a year ago. Andrew Olson, of AO guitars, modified it to Tiger Specs: a DiMarzio SDS-1 and 2 DiMarzio Super IIs, OBEL, Waldo TPC-1 Buffer, 25k PEC Mil-Spec Volume Pot Master Tone .022uF tone Capacitors, two Switchcraft stereo jacks CRL 5-way switch, 2 coil-split mini-switches, OBEL on/off mini switch, custom Indian Rosewood pickup ring to match fingerboard, brass knobs, and a custom brass nut. He also blocked the tremolo and added a second output jack and Jackplate as well as new Dunlop Straplocks. Andrew also made me a high quality stereo cable and wheel junction box for use with the OBEL, which I'm happy to make available.

This was my first real Jerry guitar, and I had so much fun working with Andrew to put it together. His work on it was flawless, and I enjoyed the hell out of it. But I moved in more of a strat/type direction (thanks to Brian from IO -- which I plan to post about shortly), and I promised my better half that this one would go.

I think this guitar really delivers, especially for the price. I was amazed at the Jerry tone I was able to get out of it, and frankly, I had the action too low. If the action was higher, it would have sounded quite a bit better. I've owned American PRSs before, and I was skeptical about the how the SEs would feel. And while I'm not going to say that it feels as good as my old Custom 22, I do think it's actually not too far off, and pretty incredible at a fraction of the price. It's fast as hell and really buttery. Also super light!

Unfortunately, I don't have any great quality sound samples, but I do have some OK Iphone quality ones I can send.

When I tried to post the pics here, they came out so huge, it looked weird. But here's one shot that looked normal. Image
You can see more on the Reverb listing. https://reverb.com/item/5245405-paul-re ... arcia-mods

Would much rather sell to a fellow rukinder!

Thanks a lot. -Jed
Last edited by Jedstein on Wed May 17, 2017 2:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jedstein
Aoxomoxoa
Aoxomoxoa

Re: PRS SE Custom 24 (Jerry Mods)

Postby deadahead123 » Sun May 14, 2017 9:36 am

Hey!

Is it still available? Very much interested... Shoot me a direct message!!!
deadahead123
Vince
Vince

Re: PRS SE Custom 24 (Jerry Mods)

Postby Jedstein » Mon May 15, 2017 7:28 am

Still available. Will shoot you a direct message -- thanks!
Jedstein
Aoxomoxoa
Aoxomoxoa

Return to Garage Sale